Sunday, March 25, 2007

Amy hates blogs, and yet is starting one

So, I've finally decided to stop ranting only to my friends, family and computer, and post things online.

Here's the deal: I hate blogs. If you know me, you've heard me rant about how much I hate blogs. Why do I hate blogs?

1) They really aren't anonymous. I mean, you think they are, but then you slip up and say something dumb, and your aunt reads it, and tells your mom and you're in trouble.

2) They make people self important. I mean, who the hell cares what I think? I have no real credentials - or do I? Plus, why should anyone care about my blog? except for my friends who have to read it.

3) Things last forever. Potentially, my greatgrandchildren could google me and say "man, Grandma wrote some pretty angsty poetry when she was in college!"

So why am I starting this thing? Because I can. And really, I don't care if you read it. It's more for me. And I'm going to try for first names and initials only - no identifying characteristics. Of course, nobody will read this thing if they don't know about it, so I have to tell them, and they tell others and .....

Anyways, I have a file of rants already typed on my computer, so I will be leaking them out a little at a time.

TTFN - Amy

1 comment:

Canadian Economist said...

Amy: welcome to the blogging world. I have always loved your rants. I will link your blog on mine so other can enjoy. Like you suggest, my blog is also really for me: to be a better writing, to speak to the world, and to have fun. Blog away!