Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I've been tagged

I'm not good at updating, but here is a tag that a friend sent me:

The rules of this tag:
A: The rules are posted at the beginning
B: Answer the questions about yourself
C: Tag 5 people, let them know in a comment on their blogs that they have been tagged.

What were you doing 10 yrs ago?

I was in high school, living with my parents. Did anything really important happen that year? Probably! But it was 10 years ago!

Snacks I enjoy:

* chocolate
* capers and pickles
*haagen daaz sticky toffee pudding ice cream


Five things on my to-do list today:

* finish doing my laundry
* Write a lecture.
* Go to costco and stock up on groceries
* study some boring things
*have a nap

Things I would do if I became a billionaire:

That would be too much money. I'd probably put enough in investments so that I could get $100,000 a year in interest for life. Then I'd rent a place in southern France, and fly out all of my friends and family for a big party. I'd give them all enough money to travel for a bit, and I'd travel a bit. I'd give a few hundred thou to each of my close friends and family. Finally, I'd buy a bigger condo, maybe a townhouse in the city I live in. I'd make sure I had a gym and pool in my building. Finally, I'd take the remaining money, and that should be a lot, and donate it to charity. I'd probably also give money to charity out of my interest. Oh yeah, and I'd quit being a TA and go to school full time.

3 bad habits:

* Working on things like this at work, instead of working on the above to do list.
* Not cleaning my apartment enough
* Eating things like crackers and peanut butter for dinner, even though I have a fridge full of fresh organic vegetables.

5 places I have lived:

Huh. Well, I'll sacrifice a bit of my anonymity by listing some places in alphabetical order. Where I live now may or may not be on this list:

* Halifax, Nova Scotia
* Montreal, Quebec
* St. Johns, Newfoundland
* Toronto, Ontario
* Vancouver, BC

I lived in some of these places longer than others. I think we've established I'm Canadian, and in fact, I have visited every province, but none of the territories


Jobs I have had:

* Nanny
* Security
* Barrista at a coffee shop
* Analyst in a marketing company
* Tutor
* Instructor
* Switchboard operator
* Teaching Assistant
* Bar maid
* Secretary
* Dispatcher

Probably some others too. I've had a lot of jobs.

Things people don’t know about me:

Huh, well, this kind of contradicts that, doesn't it? I mean, as soon as I say nobody knows, people kind of know, you know? But here are some little things:

* I switched my major 6 times in undergrad.
* I have a reputation that I foster of being really into rock music, but the artist who I have the most songs by on my itunes is Steve Earle. Second is Foo Fighters though, and they rock.
*I met Molly Ringwald once. Ok, that's not a secret but it was awesome so I'm gonna mention it.

Ok: now you know more about me. Also, you know I suck at keeping a blog. So, some topics I've thought of writing about are: "I hate Microsoft, or why I'm writing this in notepad" and "Carbon Neutral coffee? Really?!"


Ok, I'll think about who to tag and comment it here.

1 comment:

normalboy said...

Hey! Part of the meme (on my part) is to comment on your blog to let you know you've been tagged! You beat me to it!

I'm honored that your first post in almost a year was because I tagged you. =)!